Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sew many have slipped by...



...without mention. Even a couple Harry Potter themed projects. I feel really bad about that, because some really do need to be shown off. So, I thought I'd share some my mom had made this past year that didn't get the praise they deserve.

Back in August she decided to try my cushion critter (pillow pet clone) pattern available on the post here to make the kids some smaller cushion critter bunnies.



My daughter received this red/tan/black polar fleece one printed with Scotty dogs. Grandma also made her matching pants and red shirt. I failed to get pics of the set, as well as the set she sent to my niece. It was pink with flower print.



I think they turned out adorable at only 6x8" in size. It's a great pillow for car rides.





Back in early October, the daughter had talked Grandma into attempting to recreate a "Skelanimal" bat from an image that she had on a pair of gloves.



He's so cute! And, also made from the remnant polar fleece. I was so impressed that she made the pattern all by herself. She usually has low confidence on that type of thing. But, she did a fantastic job! Way to go mom!



And lastly, I haven't posted these items we sent my sis and her daughter back in a Harry Potter personal swap we arranged like two years ago! Yikes, has it really been that long!? I spaced and forgot to get pics, so waited for them to finally send over a few.



They each got a Cornish Pixie with a large cage to keep them both in (not pictured). They are like the ones we made here. But, each was an experiment in using a different fabric. As you can see, the polar fleece stretches making the pixie much larger and thicker than the ones made with less stretchy fabric like the velour.



And a "Ginny Weasley" rag doll with cloak ready for her trip to Hogwart's. I helped make the cloak and dress, but mom made the doll. She is based off the pattern we used on these that I posted about a LONG while back.

Next up I'll be posting about some more pistachio falls I finally got around to finishing. And, after the new year, I'll share some homemade Christmas gifts and more custom hats.

1 comment:

The Cardboard Crafter said...

Super cute! I love the "skelanimal" bat and the Jenny Weasley doll :)